Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for a Network engineer in our 25 Dockside (Toronto) location. Reporting to the Manager, Network Operations, providing skills for implementing technology changes and day-to-day support of the production environment and provide technical support for any network related issues.
This position will be responsible for design and delivery of all network equipment and services in the Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and Wireless (WLAN).
Role/Job Title: Network Analyst
Work Status: Full Time
Location: 25 Dockside Drive, Toronto
About the role
- Administering an enterprise class Cisco network environment.
- Maintain 24/7 support and resolution of network problems on the LAN/WAN.
- Ensure high availability on all aspects of the Corus local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN), including remote site infrastructure network hardware.
- Architecting solutions for internal business units for network requirements.
- Troubleshooting network problems and implementing any new changes in the infrastructure through organizational change management process
- Deploying, configuring and updating Cisco Nexus and Catalyst hardware.
- Assisting with network design, planning and implementation
- Monitor network performance, analyze data flow to identify issues and make recommendations and resolve.
- Assist remote site engineers with remote site configurations and deployments.
- Create and maintain procedural documentation and architectural diagrams.
- Maintain hardware database for network inventory and perform OS and hardware upgrades of the network devices to keep them current with the industry standards
- 24×7 availability via cell phone as needed
What We Need From You:
- 8+ years of experience supporting a Cisco enterprise class network.
- 8+ years of experience with Cisco Nexus and Catalyst hardware and OS.
- 5+ years of experience with wireless technologies.
- Expertise in Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switches, Cisco ASR and ISR routers, F5, Cisco wireless controller, ASA, Cisco ISE, Fortinet firewall,
- Advanced knowledge of VLAN, VTP, stacking HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, Trunking, ether-channel, STP (all flavours), SPAN, RSPAN, IPv4/6, VSS, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, Multicasting, QOS, VPN , MPLS, ACLS, AAA, layer2 security, NAT.
- Advanced knowledge of wireless technology, network management and analysis tools eg Solarwinds, Cisco Prime, Fluke, Netscout
- Nice to have cisco ACI knowledge, Python, Cisco DNA, Cloud Networking eg AWS, Azure, Rest API
- Cisco certification is required, CCIE is preferred, CCIE (Routing Switching or Data Center)
- Good understanding of MS Active Directory, WINS, DHCP, VMWARE and DNS is required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify tasks and take the initiative.
- A proven problem-solver with strong ability to multi-task and handle projects and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive with exceptional troubleshooting skills.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 28th, 2019.
*Please include Position Name in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Pride Month is a time to celebrate. The parties and parades are a joyous celebration of life. LGBTQ+ people, friends, families, allies – coming together in a show of community solidarity and strength. Pride Month is also a time to commit. To listen when LGBTQ+ people say there are still problems. People who are afraid, marginalized, or have experienced harm. We know that there are barriers that still exist, and work still to be done. We Celebrate. We Commit. We are LGBTQ+ proud.