Master Control/Technical Operator
Work Status: Part-time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role
Telelatino Network Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a part-time Master Control Operator at our Toronto location. Reporting to the Director of Broadcast Services the successful candidate will be will be a member of the Technical Team responsible for the execution and quality of TLN’s multi-network broadcast.
- Execute broadcast and monitor of 9 channels program content (TLN, TLN West, Univision Canada, Sky News, Mediaset Italia, EuroWorld Sport, TeleNiños, TeleBimbi, and Cinelatino)
- Monitor and control audio and video levels
- Monitor automation broadcast and all commercial content
- Follow a playlist, traffic log and program cue sheets
- Prepare daily logs for all networks
- Perform Live to air switching (when needed)
- Ingest programs into Omneon Server & prepare programs for air through Harris system
- Perform On Air transmission quality control through output levels, detailed fault report and checks
- Tune and record receiving satellite feeds for on-air playback
- Monitor and control satellite feed during recording, receiving and transmitting satellite feeds
- Load graphics for on air
- Perform basic Master Control maintenance
- Perform other duties as requested
What We Need From You:
- Graduate from a recognized television program; or 1 year experience in master control operations
- Working knowledge of satellite delivery, automation and servers is required
- Willing to work weekend shifts
- Knowledge of the Spanish/Italian language is an asset
- Basic knowledge of vector scopes, dubbing equipment, conversion standards
- Ability to make quick decisions to resolve on air issues immediately
- Ability to work under the pressures of tight deadlines and multitask
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Solution oriented with problem solving ability
- Strong initiative and self-motivated
- An enthusiastic, friendly attitude contributing to a friendly respectful workplace
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter, quoting the job title in the subject line by August 15, 2016 to:
TLN Human Resources
5125 Steeles Ave W
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.