Manager, Media Planning
Work Status: Full time
About the Role:
As Manager, Media Planning you will supervise and manage the group’s media product. The Manager is responsible for developing media strategies and operating procedures for the team. Your role is to lead an integrated team delivering brilliant and flawless media executions founded on superior knowledge and strategic insights. You will assume an active role on the group’s business, as well as training and leading the group. You will get to know your client’s business inside and out, including the industry and your client’s competitors. You will use your knowledge to determine media planning and buying needs.
- Provide strategic council and thought leadership for clients.
- Maintain a strong understanding of market dynamics, targeted client challenges, and competitive strategies.
- Identify and evaluate key media opportunities and make recommendations.
- Cultivate an ongoing understanding of client business, operations, and marketing strategies and how these relate to media and communication strategies including trends, issues, and new media.
- Inspire and lead the team in the development of creative, innovative, and on-strategy media solutions grounded in insight.
- Establish and grow strong client, team, sales and creative agency relationships.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners (sales and creative agency) to develop ideas aligned to client strategy.
- Continually monitor and identify areas of both opportunity and risk with an eye to achieving client business objectives.
- Oversee team and ensure adherence to process and standards.
- Oversee and manage team regarding all financial aspects of client base, including maintaining budgets, BCR’s, client billing etc.
- Provide leadership in areas of hiring, training, educating, and motivating towards higher levels of performance.
What We Need From You:
- High level of comfort with responsibility, multi-tasking, working hard, and learning a lot. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment is a must.
- You will have a firm grasp of media fundamentals, including experience across offline and digital.
- A clear understanding of the consumer journey and the purchase funnel, and how different media work together to acquire new customers is a critical element of this role
- In addition to 7-10+ years’ relevant work experience within an agency setting, qualified candidates will possess a deep understanding of media planning & buying all media, ideally in and with a passion for the retail and/or cable/telco space, and previous team management experience.
- Additional elements required for success:
- Post-secondary degree specialization in Advertising and/or Marketing an asset
- Knowledge of digital media, with a focus on acquisition with strong campaign performance reporting and insight development capabilities
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through
- Proactive problem solver that can take the lead in any situation
- Proficient in MS Office, comScore, Infosys, Clear Decisions (Vividata), Numeris, and ideally Radiowave (formerly Airware)
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- A client-first outlook
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to think and perform both strategically & tactically
- Drive for results in a prioritized manner (balanced sense of urgency)
- Team player, with proven ability to mentor junior and cross functional staff
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.