Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about Technology, Broadcasting and Television News? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will allow you to set standards. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to build the future we encourage you to apply.
Manager, Application Architecture
Work Status: Full Time, Non-Union
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Director, News Architecture you will work with the architecture and local technology teams across Canada designing, building and implementing Technology for the gathering, processing and presentation of news on Television, Online and Radio. Your focus will be on the application workflow, user interface and operation of new systems.
- In collaboration with the local Technical Services groups, evaluate and implement new technologies, tools and solutions for production, media processing and storage in the News production environment
- Participate in understanding and controlling media flow through servers and networks
- Participate with the design, installation and documentation of Media Processing systems
- Maintain and document systems and workflows
- Assist in the roll-out of training and standards
- Project management for small and medium tiered projects
- Promote and represent Corus in a positive and professional manner.
- Various other duties as required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ operational experience in an automated broadcast media environment
- Degree/diploma in Computer Science or Broadcast Engineering program and 5 years’ experience.
- Experience designing television (HD/SDI and IP) and radio (AES and IP environment) systems
- Experience with shared storage media editing systems and file based transcoding
- Previous experience in an enterprise architecture group would be an asset
- Experience designing and implementing automated broadcast workflows and user interfaces
- Team player with great people and communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast pace rapidly changing environment.
- Project and Change management experience
- Highly motivated, energetic, reliable and goal oriented
- A positive “can do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
- Dedicated to exceptional customer service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
- Experience developing web tools and interface software would be an asset
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Geoff.Franklin@corusent.com by July 18, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Pride Month is a time to celebrate. The parties and parades are a joyous celebration of life. LGBTQ+ people, friends, families, allies – coming together in a show of community solidarity and strength. Pride Month is also a time to commit. To listen when LGBTQ+ people say there are still problems. People who are afraid, marginalized, or have experienced harm. We know that there are barriers that still exist, and work still to be done. We Celebrate. We Commit. We are LGBTQ+ proud.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.