Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity for a Manager, Affiliates Revenue within the Media group. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to join an experienced and professional team working in an environment undergoing significant change, we encourage you to apply.
Manager, Affiliates Revenue
Division: Television Services
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Corus Quay, 25 Dockside Drive, Toronto, ON, M5A 0B5
About the Role:
Corus has an exciting full time opportunity for a Manager, Affiliates Revenue in our Toronto head office. Reporting to the Director Finance – Sales & Affiliate, you will be responsible for leading and managing a dedicated team that accounts for subscriber revenues (both linear and non-linear). You will oversee the accounting, recording and reporting of all subscriber revenue. You will ensure that there is compliance with all standard processes and procedures around revenue recognition to ensure completeness and accuracy of reported revenues.
As the successful candidate, you have a proven track record for driving continuous improvement in a strong internal controls environment. You have excellent communication and analytical abilities and a proven track record of leading a high performance team.
- Responsible for the monthly review and analysis of subscriber revenue, reporting and reconciliations
- Preparation of quarterly analysis of AR over 90 days and bad debt provision
- Assist with completion of monthly variance analysis and written commentary
- Record monthly revenue adjustments and credit notes as required
- Coordinate Medea upgrades, updates and enhancements
- Preparation of audit working papers for internal and external audits
- Responsible for monthly review of 3rd party reporting and payments
- Oversee and manage a team of professionals to foster continuous development, growth and employee engagement
- All other duties and special projects as assigned
What We Need From You:
- University Degree and an accounting designation (CPA – CA, CMA, CGA)
- 5 -10 years practical work experience with a publically traded organization
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Proven track record of leading and coaching a team
- Team player with strong interpersonal communication skills having the ability to work effectively and efficiently with all levels of management in a professional manner
- Being results oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and financial skills in a changing environment
- Experience with Medea, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, and Adaptive Insights an asset
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to FinanceCareers@corusent.com by December 31st, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.