Licensing Manager, Softlines
Division: Nelvana Enterprises, Content Division
Work Sta tus: Full-Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Nelvana Enterprises has a dynamic position for a Licensing Manager, Softlines, at our Toronto location. The Licensing Manager, Softlines is responsible for developing and managing the Softlines category in the US and Canada, in order to achieve annual revenue targets. The role is responsible for identifying the best licensees to partner with, negotiating agreements, driving innovative and quality products, retail development, in addition to providing quarterly forecasting.
- Category lead for Softlines in Canada and the US (including apparel, home, social expressions and health & beauty)
- Lead contract negotiations for key licensees, review and analyze business plans, and ensure accurate and timely reporting to ensure contract deliverables are met
- Identify licensing opportunities and fill market gaps across the category considering age, segment, market, channel and brand franchise
- Monitor and provide analysis of licensees retail distribution, POS, retail promotions and competitors’ ranges through regular store visits of all retail channels
- Liaise with various internal departments and external clients to ensure projects are completed efficiently and accordingly, including contract process, creative services, and accounts receivable
- Manage licensees product development ensuring licensees are developing on-trend and quality products, full understanding of product development lead times and seasonal sales cycles.
- Lead regular licensee and buyer business reviews
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats and dynamics for category and key licensees
- Work on the creation of targeted presentations to pitch, support or launch licensing programs or specific category areas
- Attend industry trade shows to meet with current licensees and develop new business relationships
What We Need From You:
- 5-8 years’ experience in sales and/or account management within a related industry
- Proven success generating revenue and managing licensing partners
- Extensive experience negotiating licensing agreements, account management and business planning and forecasting
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong conceptual sales skills and excellent presentation skills
- Proven ability to satisfy customers and build high value, relationships with customers and internal team members
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize given competing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to NelvanaEnterprisesCareers@corusent.com by March 8, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.