Legal Operations Manager
Work Status: Full-Time
Division: Law Department
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role
Corus Entertainment is hiring a Legal Operations Manager who will be a key player in growing the legal operations function within the Law Department. You will work with the Director, Assistant General Counsel, to design, plan, implement and measure the success of various operational improvement initiatives across the department, including process improvement, technology solutions, and vendor management. You will be a change agent who will lead efforts within the department to drive efficiency, innovate, and improve client experience.
You’ll be working on:
- Finding ways to streamline how the law department functions, through the continuous assessment of our policies, processes and tools
- Evaluating and implementing new technology solutions for the Law Department, including matter management systems, Esignature platforms, and contract automation tools
- Supporting all Legal Operations initiatives, including project design, execution, change management, training and communications
- Managing aspects of external legal and technology vendor relationships, including engagement agreements, performance measurement, reporting and compliance with billing guidelines
- Developing effective metrics and KPIs for the Law Department to help us measure and improve performance
- Assisting with annual strategic plans and identifying creative ways to deploy resources to meet strategic goals
You’re an ideal candidate if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2-5 years legal operations or relevant operational experience; experience in an in-house legal department or law firm an asset
- Experience developing and implementing legal technology solutions (e.g., document or matter management systems – iManage or NetDocuments experience an asset; Esignature; contract management or automation, records management)
- Experience breaking down processes and designing solutions (Lean Six Sigma certification an asset)
- Proven track record of successful change management related to complex projects
- A proven ability to build relationships, earn confidence, and collaborate
- A high level of comfort working with technology and a keen enthusiasm for learning new systems
- Superior analytical, logic, problem-solving, and project management skills and sound business judgment
- Excellent communication skills, and comfort communicating with employees at all levels of the organization
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for innovation and driving results
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with advanced MS Excel skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by October 12, 2018 to:
Ms. Deborah Angel
Corus Entertainment Inc.
Please specify the title of the position for which you’re applying, in the subject line of your correspondence. No phone calls please. We will contact only those applicants whom we wish to interview.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment, and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.