Nelvana Enterprises has an exciting opportunity for an International Marketing Manager at our Toronto location. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for consumer products licensing throughout the US and Canada.
International Marketing Manager
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Corus Quay
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Retail Marketing, you will be responsible for providing direction and managing of key marketing initiatives to support Nelvana’s franchise plans.
- Develop and manage brand marketing plans for Nelvana’s Agency business and Nelvana owned properties in collaboration with merchandising team
- Work closely with third party Agency marketing contacts
- Work with broadcast partners to advise on and monitor third party marketing plans and broadcast schedules aligning to Nelvana merchandising and marketing priorities
- Work closely with social media contacts to coordinate content releases with social posts, manage/monitor PR/Social agency content calendars
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on merchandising priorities including marketing, broadcast and PR teams
- Social marketing plan management: Develop campaign work back schedules to manage project timelines and budgets to ensure deadlines and requirements are tracking on target
- Source and manage applications and budgets required to maximize funding available for digital content plans
- Stay abreast of online content trends
- Collaborate with marketing team to brainstorm new ideas related to online content
- Support and attend key retail meetings and tradeshows
- Work with trade show coordinator on development and delivery of materials for key shows (MIPCOM, Toy Fair, Licensing Show, MIPTV, etc.)
- Manage and direct vendors, suppliers to ensure creative is delivered on time and within specifications
- Manage external PR agency and day to day to contact
- Develop written materials including press materials, editorial pitches, positioning, etc. in collaboration with PR agency and internal communications team
- Tracking and routing all Nelvana press releases for internal approvals
- Develop and manage Licensee Summit presentations and event execution including third party approvals
- Work closely with the creative team by briefing in projects and managing the day-to-day creative and approval process for all materials (newsletters, sell sheets, banners, etc.)
- Manage monthly updates to Nelvana.com and brand portal sites
- Competitive research and market analysis as required by the brands team
- Additional projects as assigned from time to time
What We Need From You:
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a marketing or brand management role
- A demonstrated passion for brand building and fan engagement – you are a great Marketer!
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business and/or equivalent experience in a related field
- High proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Excellent project management, prioritization and planning skills
- Photoshop and video editing experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional organization and manage multiple stakeholders to deliver exceptional results
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and a few hours on weekends for specific show and brand launch initiatives
- An enthusiasm for kid culture, a passion for emerging trends, and a love of all things media!
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Please email your resume and cover letter to NelvanaEnterprisesCareers@corusent.com by February 25, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.