Corus’ brands deliver compelling, engaging, interactive and informative content to millions of people every day. The company’s portfolio of television services encompasses 44 specialty television channels and 15 conventional television stations. Corus’ collection of premium brands includes Global Television, W Network, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network Canada, HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, History®, Showcase, National Geographic, Disney Channel Canada, YTV and Nickelodeon Canada.
Work Status: Full-time
About the Role:
Corus has an exciting full time opportunity for an Intermediate Accountant in our Toronto head office. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance, you will work closely with both finance and operational groups to accurately report financial results. As the successful candidate, you have a proven track record of driving continuous improvement in a strong internal controls environment, and completing a timely monthly financial close and reporting process. You have demonstrated strong communication skills, meeting expectations of operational teams you support, and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives.
- General accounting duties, including the preparation of monthly adjusting entries and accruals
- Assist with developing and maintaining a tracking process for our new reseller activity with Freedom Mobile
- Participate in monthly forecast meetings with members of the Marketing team and updating the forecast accordingly
- Assist with timely and accurate monthly reporting and analysis, including assessment of existing processes and recommendations for improvement
- Maintenance of accounting schedules and reconciliation of various financial accounts (both balance sheet and income statement)
- Completion of variance analysis and written commentary, including identifying, investigating, and reviewing unusual transactions and amounts
- Assist with the preparation of required audit working papers in support of quarterly reviews and yearly audit
- Review invoices to ensure proper coding and authorization
- Obtaining a clear understanding of our internal control policies and environment, and working to question, support, and strengthen that environment as part of your daily functions
The preceding is a summary of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position.
What We Need From You:
- University graduate in Business Administration, Finance or Commerce; completion of or working towards a recognized accounting designation, such as CPA
- Minimum 2+ years of related finance experience in a large organization
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Willingness to learn new processes and take on additional responsibilities as required
- Strong team orientation with ability to collaborate with internal clients and peers
- Highly organized and flexible
- Strong business acumen including thorough understanding of financial accounting principles
- Advanced analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to get into the details while simultaneously understanding the big picture
- Previous broadcasting experience considered an asset
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills with both finance and non-finance staff alike
- Interest in review of process flow and providing recommendations for improvement
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- A positive, energetic, friendly manner, coupled with good leadership abilities
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to FinanceCareers@corusent.com by February 25, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.