Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about uncovering the stories that people need to know? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity. We’re looking for a PODCAST HOST/PRODUCER to join our Global News team. Reporting to the Director of News Content, the successful candidate will produce and host a national daily Global News Podcast.
Global News Podcast Host/Producer
Job ID: 11462
Division: News online
Work Status: full-time permanent
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role
You will work closely with our award-winning national Global News team and the newly formed Corus Podcast team to develop and host a daily podcast. Episodes will air Monday to Friday, and will provide contextual reporting beyond daily headlines in an informative and entertaining way. You must be a compelling personality with a passion for journalism and telling unique stories from a Canadian perspective. You wake up in the middle of the night with good ideas.
The position will be based in Toronto, Ontario.
- Work with a team to produce and host a daily contextual news podcast, including conceptualizing episodes, interviewing guests and script-writing.
- Ensure all editorial standards are met.
- Ensure on-time delivery of every program.
- Liaise with various digital and broadcast teams, including web producers, news directors, producers, assignment editors, anchors, reporters and other news professionals, as well as third-party content providers, to facilitate the creation of unique podcast and online content.
- Use online tools, such as content management systems (WordPress) and news wire services (CP/AP, Reuters, Getty).
- Stay informed of local, national and international news.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience working with several internal and external stakeholders on various projects.
Enthusiasm and passion for all forms of news — everything from international events to politics, pop culture and sports — as well as a keen interest in technology and digital media.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- A positive attitude, a love for collaboration.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to innovate, explore new ideas and acquire new skills.
- A college or university degree (or equivalent experience), in Journalism, New Media, or Communications.
- Must have 3-5 years minimum experience in a major newsroom.
- Relevant experience in news podcasting an asset.
- Enthusiasm and passion for all forms of spoken word audio entertainment.
- Strong working knowledge of digital audio storytelling techniques; technical production skills are a strong asset.
- Diverse content experience across multiple verticals and formats, including digital video, text articles, blogs, social media tools, digital photos is an asset.
- A strong social media presence is an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Canadian Press style.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalTorontoCareers@corusent.com. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.