Are you an organized team player with great attention for details? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity for a General Accountant. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to join an experienced, professional, and friendly staff, we encourage you to apply.
General Accountant, Radio and Television
Division: Finance and Admin
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role
Corus has an exciting full time opportunity for a General Accountant in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Senior Regional Business Manager, the successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the financial management reporting, expense analysis, and monthly balance sheet reconciliation for 11 radio stations and 3 Conventional TV stations, along with the completion of special projects as required.
- Be an integral member of the team to manage the financial management of 11 radio stations and 3 Conventional TV Stations.
- Assist with the monthly financial statements preparation process, monthly forecast and annual budgeting process
- Process monthly commission report for Sales and Payroll
- Assist with auditor inquiries and year end tax schedules.
- Petty cash account distribution and reconciliation
- Process Accounts Payable which include coding invoices, obtaining approvals, following up with vendor and employee inquiries and assisting with month-end procedures
- Prepare lists of AP accruals and accrued liabilities at month end
- Provide overall financial assistance to the Regional Business Manager and local Management teams.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies.
What We Need From You:
- 2-4 years practical work experience in an accounting environment
- Post-secondary education and enrolled in an accounting program, preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and Adaptive Insights an asset
- Comprehensive computer knowledge, including Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work efficiently in both a team environment and independently
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Able to work with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- A positive, energetic, friendly style enabling the successful candidate to deal with challenges in a professional manner
- This position will appeal to a highly motivated self-starter who can make a significant contribution to the Finance team
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2018. Please include General Accountant in the subject line of your email.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.