Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day. We have an exciting opportunity for a Front End Developer role, at our Toronto location.
Front End Web Developer
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Corus Quay – 25 Dockside Drive
About the Role
Are you an experienced developer who enjoys building media rich web experiences? Then we are looking for you to join our development team as a Front End Developer.
The ideal candidate will be joining a collaborative, fun, development team tasked with the creation and maintenance of our current web properties in a WordPress based infrastructure.
A successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Creating page templates that can be easily extended for use on multiple websites
- Developing reusable front end UI components that can be used on a variety of different web properties
- Developing custom WordPress plugins and themes
- Feature development, bug fixing, and optimization of our current web properties
- Translating product requests into working software
- Comparing emerging technologies and development methodologies against business needs
- Contributing to the development technical roadmap and strategy
- Participating in regular code reviews to help formulate and ensure adherence to internal and industry and best practices and guidelines
- Regularly collaborating with team members of different disciplines across multiple scrum teams
What We Need From You:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with proven competency in web applications
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Design, Multimedia or demonstrated industry hands on experience
- Expertise with development languages, tools and frameworks including:
- Git Version Control
- PHP, WordPress
- Web Accessibility Standards
- Familiarity with Content management systems such as:
- Strong understanding of the following technologies:
- REST API
- Proficient knowledge of:
- SCRUM (Agile Practices)
- Software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
- Design Patterns and Principles (MVC,KISS, DRY, YAGNI, Single Responsibility etc.
- Working knowledge in the following areas are a definite asset:
- Guided search technologies
- C#, .NET 3.5+
- Video streaming + video on demand
- JW Player
- Adobe Primetime/Pass
- Ad Integration (DFP, GPT)
- Metrics (Omniture/Krux)
- Solid understanding architecting and building websites with multiple data sources
- The ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritizing and organizing as needed to maximize productivity
- Experience working with public facing, high-visibility, mission-critical applications
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line of your email by January 23, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.