Executive Assistant, Inbound
Work Status: Temporary (6 months)
Division: Law Department
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role
Are you passionate about the entertainment industry? Are you a team player who has great organizational and communication skills? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for a contract position as an Executive Assistant reporting to the Content Acquisition & Distribution Group. The successful candidate will be the go-to person for all executive and administrative assistance matters for this fast-paced, dynamic team within the Corus Law Department.
- Administrative support to the Content Acquisition and Distribution team within the Law Department;
- Processing, administration and filing of contracts, correspondence and other written material, including circulation of contracts to various internal and external parties for signature and distribution;
- Calendar management, expense reports, travel arrangements, meeting coordination, etc;
- Maintaining records database of contract information, and coordinating the flow of appropriate documentation amongst different departments, and external parties; and
- Other executive and administrative assistant duties and responsibilities.
If You Have the Following…We Want to Hear From You:
- At least two (2) years of administrative support experience in a professional office environment or in the media/entertainment industry
- Strong sense of accountability and initiative to follow-up with both internal and external parties;
- Highly organized, great attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Technical savvy, with an enthusiasm for learning new systems and technologies;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including strong proficiency in Word and familiarity with Excel and Powerpoint;
- Office administration and record-keeping skills; and
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
- Desirable but not essential (to the extent that a candidate does not possess the following knowledge, enthusiasm and willingness to learn is a must):
- Familiarity with television or digital program/content acquisition agreements and practice, or with the television or digital media industries generally;
- Experience in an in-house legal department or law firm in an administrative capacity; and
- Experience with matter-centric document management systems.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by January 19, 2018 to:
Ms. Deborah Angel
Corus Entertainment Inc.
Please specify the title of the position for which you’re applying, in the subject line of your correspondence. No phone calls please. We will contact only those applicants whom we wish to interview.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment, and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.