Do you have a passion for Media and/or Event Based Marketing? Corus Radio has an exciting opportunity for an Events and Operations Promotion Coordinator at our Edmonton location. You will be handling projects across all brands including CISN Country 103.9, 630 CHED, 92.5 FRESH Radio and iNews 880.
Events & Operations Promotion Coordinator
Division: Corus Radio
Work Status: Full Time
About the Role
Reporting to Promotions Manager, the successful candidate will oversee the Corus Radio Street Team along with activations and logistics for Station events, broadcasts & remotes. There will also be involvement in creating and executing community partnerships, occasionally in tandem with Global Edmonton. We are looking for a positive, motivated, creative individual who will be the Team Captain of our Street Team and work closely with our Sales and Programming Departments to create exciting onsite activations and ensure a dominant presence for all brands in the community.
- Planning, implementing and executing station appearances, broadcasts & remotes
- Coordinating Street Team schedule
- Managing and communicating onsite instructions and expectations of our Street Team
- Creating and executing exciting onsite activations to ensure constant engagement and connection between our brand and listeners at events
- Maintaining upkeep and cleanliness of station vehicles
- Creating wrap reports of station events, station vehicles and competitive marketing/promotions
- Creating and managing production & inventory of promotional materials
- Providing direction and guidance to internal and outside clients including graphic designers
- Participation in programming and promotional meetings
What We Need From You:
- You are a team player with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work Weekends and Evenings at your own discretion and/or when assigned by Manager (this is not a Monday-Friday, 9a-5p gig)
- Able to work independently while leading a team at events (this is not a desk job)
- Must be able to prioritize and multI-task
- Flexible demeanour and willingness to “roll up sleeves” and pitch in when needed
- Proficient in social media including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Responsible, reliable, trustworthy and able to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Extremely detail oriented
- Must have proven track record at dealing with high profile clients
- Previous experience in event based marketing an asset
- Radio/Television background is ideal, but not required
- Post-secondary education in broadcasting or related fields would be considered an asset
- Must possess a valid drivers’ license
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and demo to Jessie.Bruce@corusent.com by January 22, 2018
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.