Job ID: CKND1906-03
Division: Global Winnipeg / News Technology
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
About the Role:
Global Winnipeg, is currently seeking an Electronics Technician. This position reports directly into the Senior Manager, Technical Services.
The successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends.
As an Electronics Technician, the following is an outline of some but not all of the primary functions and responsibilities for this position:
- The troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of all types of broadcast equipment in a state of the art HD facility, including Video Servers, Automation Systems, Edit Systems, HD/SDI Router, Studio Systems
- Maintain and repair of Over the Air transmitters (OTA)
- Maintain and operate satellite truck uplink
- Maintain and operate microwave truck
- Implement and document temporary or permanent installations to meet production and technical requirements
- Provide Business / Broadcast IT/Network systems support
- Assist in the installation and commissioning of new facilities and/or addition or modification of existing facilities
- Contact suppliers to present quotes for new or replacement materials.
- Make recommendations regarding design of new computer equipment facilities and systems
- Assist and relieve operators when necessary
- Perform other duties as required to the above
What We Need From You:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in Electronic / Computer Technology / Engineering or Broadcast Systems Technology
- The ability to troubleshoot Broadcast Electronics Systems
- An understanding of digital video/audio signals and their integration into Broadcast Systems
- Have a basic knowledge of computer system hardware, to the device level, their capacities and capabilities. Should have the necessary skills and ability to assemble, configure or service any workstation hardware as they pertain to Broadcast and connected systems
- An understanding of live Television Production
- The ability to troubleshoot Non-Linear Edit systems such as, Grass Valley, Adobe Premiere etc.
- An understanding of microwave and satellite signals
- Familiarity with Over the Air transmission
- The knowledge to maintain engineering documentation in written form as well as through tools such as AutoCAD and MS Visio
- The ability to assist in implementation of new installation and modification of existing facilities
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- The flexibility to accommodate shift work and rotating on call for emergencies.
- Travel as required
- Valid driver’s license.
This is a bargaining unit position Electronics Technician, Group 4
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalWinnipegCareers@corusent.com by June 21, 2019. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Pride Month is a time to celebrate. The parties and parades are a joyous celebration of life. LGBTQ+ people, friends, families, allies – coming together in a show of community solidarity and strength. Pride Month is also a time to commit. To listen when LGBTQ+ people say there are still problems. People who are afraid, marginalized, or have experienced harm. We know that there are barriers that still exist, and work still to be done. We Celebrate. We Commit. We are LGBTQ+ proud.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.