Corus Entertainment is a leading media and content company that creates and delivers high quality brands and content across platforms for audiences around the world. The company’s portfolio of multimedia offerings encompasses 45 specialty television services, 39 radio stations, 15 conventional television stations, a global content business, digital assets, live events, children’s book publishing, animation software, technology and media services. Corus’ roster of premium brands includes Global Television, W Network, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network Canada, HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, HISTORY®, Showcase, National Geographic Channel, Q107, CKNW, Fresh Radio, Disney Channel Canada, YTV and Nickelodeon Canada.
Digital Research and Analytics Technical Lead
Division: Research & Consumer Insights
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Digital Research and Analytics Technical Lead in our Toronto office. The successful candidate will act as the key internal contact on digital initiatives involving analytics for both web sites and mobile applications as well as any opportunity that includes a data collection component for use in our Audience Intelligence Platform.
The ideal candidate is a positive, accountable team player with a can-do attitude and a strong understanding of the digital business and industry developments related to data collection and analytics. This individual will also participate in the design and distribution of regular and ad-hoc reporting as well as provide analysis and insight which helps inform Sales, Content and Marketing teams on how to improve performance and achieve our objectives.
- Liaise with the development teams and act as lead internal contact for initiatives in development with a tracking / analytics or data collection component including Adobe Analytics, comScore and Krux DMP (Data Management Platform) among others.
- Consult on and oversee implementation as well as conduct related testing / QA activities.
- Assist in the administration of Adobe Analytics for web and apps including generating reporting specifications, configuring report suites, setting up processing rules, user and group management and other related activities.
- Provide ad-hoc insights, analysis and reporting to Sales, Content and Marketing teams that support revenue generation and data-driven decision making
- Develop a clear understanding of the analytics and DMP ecosystems and proactively seek opportunities to provide more value to stakeholders.
- Help to develop, improve and automate existing report templates and dashboards, as well as help shape a stakeholder-focused reporting strategy
- Actively analyze reporting & provide and present relevant research findings to key stakeholders and in departmental meetings as required.
- Create data segments using our Audience Intelligence Platform for internal use and for upload to DoubleClick Bid Manager and other relevant 3rd party DSP’s as required.
- Participate in the development of projections for online metrics.
- +2 years experience working in the Digital space with a focus on analytics and reporting, preferably with an agency, broadcaster or other media company.
- University or College degree required; a focus in quantitative analysis, statistics, media or digital research related program considered an asset
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in Excel is a prerequisite
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, both its use and administration, for web and app including associated tools and technologies such as Report Builder, Primetime, Heartbeat, the Processing Rules configurator and Data Warehouse.
- Experience with use of web debugging applications such as Charles, Fiddler, Wireshark, etc.
- Experience with data management platforms such as Krux for data collection, testing, segment building and other related activities would be an asset.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as QlikView, Tableau or Spotfire would also be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to maintain a professional approach at all times
- Desire and commitment to work with the team in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, client-focused environment
- Enthusiastic work ethic and proactive approach with the ability to embrace change
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to ResearchCareers@corusent.com by February 26, 2018. Please clearly identify the Job Title: Digital Research and Analytics Technical Lead in the subject line.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.