Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about content? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will put you in the front and center of content production. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to lead innovation to create competitive advantages for Corus, then we encourage you to apply.
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Global Edmonton
About the Role
The Corus Entertainment, Global News team is seeking a full-time Digital Journalist based at Global Edmonton, reporting to the Managing Editor. The successful candidate will be a flexible multi-tasker with a positive, can-do attitude. She or he will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends reporting, shooting, writing, editing, posting and promoting content for all platforms.
- Research and develop original and enterprising story and guest ideas; actively participate in the assignment process and meetings
- Report, shoot, write and edit stories for multiple daily newscasts and for globalnews.ca
- Meet multiple daily deadlines to write, post, promote, update and curate local, regional and national content on globalnews.ca
- Regularly post links, video and photos on social media to promote Global News content and engage with viewers.
- Display creativity in the use of graphics and other visual elements
- Write and record radio voicers and deliver live debriefs on talk radio
- Report live, on location
- Be a strong advocate, model and mentor for digital journalism and a digital-first workflowParticipate in Global Edmonton promotional and community initiatives
- Perform other duties as required
- At least three years experience in broadcast and online journalism
- Degree/diploma in journalism from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Proven on-air presentation, including live remotes and unscripted material
- Adept writer for broadcast, online and social media with top-notch online and traditional research skills
- Familiarity with Canadian Press style and WordPress would be considered assets
- Willing and able to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
- Organized, innovative and able to make quick and effective decisions under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Preference will be given to candidates with proven shooting and editing experience.
If You Have the Above….We Want to Hear From You!
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com than October 19th, 2018
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.