The Corus Entertainment/Global News team is seeking a full-time Digital Journalist based at Global Edmonton, reporting to the Managing Editor. The successful candidate will be a flexible multi-tasker with a positive, can-do attitude. She or he will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends reporting, shooting, writing, editing, posting and promoting content for all platforms.
Primary functions and responsibilities:
- Research and develop original and enterprising story and guest ideas;
- actively participate in the assignment process and meetings.
- Report, shoot, write and edit stories for multiple daily newscasts and for globalnews.ca.
- Meet multiple daily deadlines to write, post, promote, update and curate local, regional and national content on globalnews.ca.
- Regularly post links, video and photos on social media to promote Global News content and engage with viewers.
- Display creativity in the use of graphics and other visual elements.
- Write and record radio voicers and deliver live debriefs on talk radio.
- Report live, on location.
- Be a strong advocate, model and mentor for digital journalism and a digital-first workflow.
- Participate in Global Edmonton promotional and community initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- At least three year’s experience in broadcast and online journalism
- Degree/diploma in journalism from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Proven on-air presentation, including live remotes and unscripted material
- Adept writer for broadcast, online and social media with top-notch online and traditional research skills
- Familiarity with Canadian Press style and WordPress would be considered assets
- Willing and able to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
- Organized, innovative and able to make quick and effective decisions under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Preference will be given to candidates with proven shooting and editing experience.
Corus Entertainment and Global News are committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourage applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by March 19, 2019.
Internal candidates must indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.