Digital Broadcast Journalist – Online
Job ID: 16-023
Division: Global News
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role:
- Reporting to the managing editor, you will be responsible for producing original written and video content for our growing digital team.
- Daily online reporting and producing of news and digital content
- Generate original story ideas for multiple platforms with an online first focus
- Write, produce and post digital content with multiple deadlines on a daily basis
- Utilize new technology and social media on a daily basis to provide video, stills and streaming video for online, social media and broadcast
- Working knowledge of how major news organizations are employing a wide range of digital platforms
- and format
- Available to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Need From You:
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent experience
- Experienced journalist capable of covering general assignment and in-depth feature stories
- Minimum two years prior reporting/anchoring experience is required
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Demonstrate strong news judgment in line with Global News objectives
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and objectives
- Ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate accountability and teamwork
- Must work well under pressure, possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude
- Be able to meet strict deadlines, and work co-operatively with others in a teamwork setting
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram etc..) and related applications
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows as well as show a willingness to learn new online skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation
- Familiarity with current state of online news reporting and where it’s headed
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system
- Must be proficient in creating, curating and developing content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 10, 2019. Please clearly identify the Job Title: Digital Broadcast Journalist, Job ID: 16-023 in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.