Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about News? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work with a team of talented journalists, then we encourage you to apply for a position at Global Saskatoon as a permanent, full-time Digital Broadcast Journalist.
Digital Broadcast Journalist
Division: 4625 – Global Saskatoon
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Global Saskatoon
This position reports directly to the News Manager – Sherri van der Veen.
This is a bargaining unit position of Digital Broadcast Journalist – Group 4
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Report, shoot, write and edit stories for multiple daily newscasts and for globalnews.ca
- Research and develop original story ideas
- Strong on-air presentation
- Display creativity in the use of production graphics and other visual elements
- Meet multiple daily deadlines to write, post, promote and update local content on globalnews.ca
- Regularly post links, video and photos on social media to promote Global News content and engage with viewers
- Be a strong advocate, model and mentor for digital journalism and a digital-first workflow.
- Participate in assignment meetings
- Work closely with staff based in Regina
- Participate in Global Saskatoon promotional and community initiatives
- Available to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting from a recognized post-secondary institution
- At least two years’ experience in broadcast and online journalism
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Anchoring experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must work well under pressure, possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows as well as show a willingness to learn new online skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation
- Must be proficient in creating, curating and developing content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms
- Familiarity with Canadian Press style and WordPress would be considered assets
- Preference will be given to candidates with proven shooting and editing experience
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clear driving record
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.