Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about Media and Radio Industry? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will put you in the front and center of the News and Journalism. If you have a passion for excellence, we encourage you to apply for a position at Global Saskatoon as a permanent, full-time Digital Broadcast Journalist.
Digital Broadcast Journalist
Division: Global Saskatoon
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Global Saskatoon
About the Role
This position reports directly to the News Manager – Sherri van der Veen. This is a bargaining unit position of Digital Broadcast Journalist – Group 4
Responsibilities: The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Report, shoot, write and edit stories for multiple daily newscasts and for globalnews.ca
- Daily reporting of community events
- Generating original and community related stories
- Generating daily content specifically for globalnews.ca and social media platforms to promote Global News and engage with viewers
- Creating relationships with community organizations
- Representing Global Saskatoon at public functions
- Participate in Global Saskatoon promotional and community initiatives
- Strong on-air presentation
- Participate in assignment meetings
- Be a strong advocate, model and mentor for digital journalism and a digital-first workflow.
- Display creativity in the use of production graphics and other visual elements
- Work closely with staff based in Regina
- Available to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You:
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting from a recognized post-secondary institution
- At least two years’ experience in broadcast and online journalism
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must work well under pressure, possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows as well as show a willingness to learn new online skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation
- Must be proficient in creating, curating and developing content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms
- Familiarity with Canadian Press style and WordPress would be considered assets.
- Preference will be given to candidates with proven shooting and editing experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clear driving record
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 9th 2018
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line.
.*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.