Career Opportunity: Digital Broadcast Journalist
Division: News & Information
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Global Regina
About the Role
Global Regina’s News Department is currently seeking a full time Digital Broadcast Journalist to join their team. The successful candidate for this position will be required to work a variety of shifts and perform a variety of duties. This position reports to the News Director.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions and does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Generate original and relative story ideas.
- Write, produce and post content with multiple deadlines on a daily basis for both broadcast and online.
- ENG photography and non-linear editing for broadcast and online.
- Publishing video content to website and social media channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Need From You:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in Journalism/Broadcasting/Broadcast Technology from a recognized institution.
- Understanding of how major news organizations are employing a wide range of digital platforms and formats.
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows.
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc), and related applications.
- Ability to handle the demands and pressure of multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines in a high-tech environment.
- Broadcast control room experience (including knowledge of switcher capabilities, editing capabilities, graphic and font department capabilities, audio capabilities, and camera robotics) is an asset.
- Proven abilities as a team player with a positive attitude.
- Self-starter with good communication skills.
- Must work well under pressure, possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 12, 2018.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please clearly identify the Job Title in the subject line.