Work Status: Full-time
Location: Calgary, Alberta
About the Role
Corus Radio Calgary is looking for an experienced and dynamic full time Senior Creative Writer to join our Creative team. If you are passionate about writing compelling ads that drive results, this could be the career for you. This position requires the perfect blend of creative talent, marketing savvy, teamwork and a genuine desire to super serve our internal and external clients. Reporting to the Creative Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate mastery for effective radio copywriting and mentoring junior writers.
- Create compelling, engaging creative for a diverse client base.
- Collaborate with sales, promotions, new media and production teams to develop successful advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Mastery of station brand and target audience.
- Mastery of internal and external client service.
- Mastery of advertising standards, industry regulations and Corus legal policies
- Mastery of ability to prioritize and manage workload in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Exhibit mastery for industry software programs and mastery of industry regulations .
- Input traffic instructions into Wide Orbit.
What We Need From You:
- Minimum 5 years major market radio copywriting experiences
- Exceptional creativity and writing skills
- Ability to develop a creative strategy that meets clients’ marketing needs
- Excellent people skills and ability to relate with diverse clientele
- Positive, engaging team player with a strong sales focus
- Proficient in MS Word
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit and Media Touch
- Understanding of basic audio editing and audio editing software
- Ability to self manage along with strong time management, organizational and verbal communication skills
- Keen knowledge of station cluster formats
- Excellent grasp of pop culture
- Display a solid grasp of social media platforms
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume & creative portfolio by October 6, 2017 to:
Corus Radio Calgary