Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role:
Corus Radio is currently seeking a Creative Writer to join our Creative Services team. Reporting to the Manager, Creative Services, this position will be primarily responsible for creating and writing scripts for on-air advertisements and liaising with clients to ensure ads are in line with their needs and standards.
- Create written scripts for all on-air advertising
- Liaise with clients to address their expectations and concerns regarding promotional material, and gain approval
- Regularly meet with the Creative Director to discuss project progress and ways to improve efficiency within the Department
- Ensure project deadlines are met
- Research client information to better understand and promote the company
- Must be required to take day trips to Barrie
What We Need From You:
- The successful candidate will have 2 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit would be an asset
- Post-secondary education in broadcasting, advertising or equivalent.
- Work independently
- Experience creating scripts for on-air advertisements, commercials and promotions an asset
- Ability to develop advertising strategies for clients
- Knowledge of CRTC standards and regulations
- Superior organization skills
- Valid Driver’s License
How to Apply:
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Email your resume and cover letter to CSHiring@corusent.com by February 15, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.