Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Edmonton, AB
About the Role:
A unique creative talent. Strong marketing savvy. A dedicated team member.
Sound like you?
Corus Entertainment is looking for an experienced and dynamic full time Creative Writer to join our Creative Services team in Edmonton. We’re seeking someone passionate about creative, who is able to write compelling ads that drive results, and who has genuine desire to super serve our internal and external clients. Reporting to the Creative Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Create effective, engaging, and compelling radio creative for a diverse client base for both Edmonton and Winnipeg markets.
- Collaborate with sales, promotions, new media, and production teams to develop successful advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Create radio creative to match strong heritage brands, and exciting new brands, each targeting specific demographics and listening audiences.
- Provide an exceptional level of internal and external client service.
- Prioritization and management of workload in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
What We Need From You:
- 5+ years of major market radio copywriting experience
- Exceptional creativity, writing skills, and grasp of pop culture
- Ability to develop a creative strategy to meet a client’s marketing needs
- Ability to self-manage, organize, and maintain creative for a substantial client list
- Positive, engaging communicator with a strong team focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of commercial traffic system (Wide Orbit preferred)
- Awareness of advertising standards and industry regulations
- Keen knowledge of local radio market landscape
- A solid grasp of social media platforms
How to Apply:
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Email your resume and cover letter to CSHiring@corusent.com by February 8, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.