Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Vancouver, BC
About the Role:
Corus Radio Vancouver is looking for an experienced and dynamic full time Creative Director who will be responsible for developing creative to support advertisers while monitoring the creative outputs of our creative team. This position requires the perfect blend of creative talent, teamwork and a desire to serve our external clients. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to be a part of an exceptional creative team, we encourage you to apply.
Reporting to the Manager of Creative Services; the successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Creative Services radio department.
- Coach, mentor and lead the Creative team in developing compelling, engaging creative for a diverse client base
- Support the Corus Vancouver Sales teams with exceptional radio creative that meets client marketing objectives and expectations.
- Maintain high creative standards and exceptional customer service.
- Assist Sales teams in generating new business
- Collaborate with and oversee the Audio Producers in the development and production of commercials and sales promos.
- Collaborate with Promotions and Programming to develop successful promotional and imaging campaigns for our four radio stations.
- Ensure Creative Department has all traffic instructions entered by Traffic Department deadlines and that logs are validated nightly.
- Develop best practices and share with Creative Services in other markets
- Improve on all aspects of commercial production from the customer experience to level of creativity.
- Stay current with the newest trends and creative ideas to maintain our competitive position in the market
- Ensure department adheres to professional code of conduct as determined by Corus Entertainment.
- Participate on the National Corus Creative Services leadership team
What We Need From You:
- Post-secondary education as well as a Minimum 7 years’ experience in creative writing and/or media production
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Wide Orbit (or other commercial traffic systems)
- Major market radio experience an asset
- Exceptional creativity and writing skills
- Ability to manage a creative team with strong time management and organization
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to CSHiring@corusent.com by May 17, 2019
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.