630 CHED has an exciting opportunity for a creative, energetic and self-motivated broadcaster to join our content generation team. This is your opportunity to join a market leader in talk radio, new media, and professional sports broadcasting.
Division: Corus Radio
Work Status: Full Time
About the Role
Reporting to the Program Director, your primary focus will be creating compelling and engaging content on air, online and via social media. Working collaboratively with news, sports and talk radio hosts, you will develop and execute talk radio segments, live broadcasts, promotions, and special projects as assigned.
- Generate unique story ideas
- Collaborate with hosts to plan and execute daily talk shows
- Develop and maintain contact network
- Research daily topics and segments
- Meet and exceed ratings expectations
- Other duties as assigned
What We Need From You:
- Ability to think critically while mindful of ratings expectations and demographics
- 3-5 years’ experience in media and/or communications
- Previous experience or ability to go on-air is an asset
- Post-secondary education in broadcasting or related fields would be considered an asset
- Basic computer and social media skills required
- Must possess a valid drivers’ license
- Radio background is ideal
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and demo to Jessie.Bruce@corusent.com by September 25, 2017.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.