Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about our great city and the power of media? Do you like to build new relationships and support the community? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will inspire you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work with a powerful television brand in a remarkable city, we encourage you to apply.
Community Relations Coordinator
Division: Global Television
Work Status: FT – Permanent Union
About the Role:
Reporting to the marketing manager, you will be responsible for community marketing and promotion, sponsorships/sales, script writing and production. You will be responsible for promoting the station in a positive way while working with community and non-profit groups, the marketing team, news department, sales, external media, and the creative department.
- Community Sponsorships – coordination of all community sponsorships including writing, presenting and fulfilling sponsorship commitments, meetings with community groups, signage and on-site promotional opportunities, PSA airtime requests from non-profit charity groups, and on-air and on-line coordination of #OurYYC (Global Calgary’s community calendar). This position will coordinate and respond to community requests for on-air personality appearances and requests for donation items. The Community Relations Coordinator is Global Calgary’s face in the community and sits on committees, participates in media events and attends luncheons/dinners/events.
- Promotions/Communications support – publish online promotional content and social media content, coordinate promotional merchandise orders for prizing and special events, station signage, on-air graphics, write promotional scripts, and coordinate internal station events and activities. The position will assist the promo producers with internal script approvals, logos and graphics and facilitate requests for supplied video elements and concepts.
- Assist with news image promotions and marketing campaigns including contests and promotions, community outreach, news events and special features, image campaigns and major sponsorships (sports teams, major events).
What We Need From You:
- Creative thinking, writing and presentation skills
- Strong social media skills on a variety of platforms
- Experience using website publishing tools
- Ability to multi-task
- The desire and ability to build lasting relationships with co-workers, clients and community partners
- Ability to work under pressure, formulate, implement and complete projects in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail; organized and excellent time management skills
- Flexible availability for after-hours events
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, public relations or equivalent with 2-3 years promotions and/or new media experience
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, WordPress and social media platforms
- Media relations experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift/carry 40lbs
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 16, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.