We are Corus Entertainment. We are a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
Our portfolio includes 44 specialty television services, 39 radio stations, 15 conventional television stations, a global content business, digital assets, children’s book publishing, animation software, technology and media services.
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Coordinator to join our corporate communications team on a full-time basis. You will work alongside our Senior Manager, Sponsorship & Events, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, Communications Specialist, and Graphic Designer to help to execute the campaigns and events that help build Corus’ amazing employee culture and consistently make our company one of the best places in the GTA and Canada to work!
- Draft internal/external communications material as required and maintain editorial calendar
- Assist in researching and compiling the daily corporate news clippings that are distributed throughout the company
- Manage corporate communications calendar and ensure it is up to date
- Provide written support for other internal/external projects, as assigned
- Work closely with Communications Specialist (and acts as backup when required)
- Support corporate and internal events
- Work with Communications Specialist on community management through social media channels
- Oversee administrative functions for the department (expense reports, invoices, etc.)
What We Need From You:
- Demonstrates strong writing and editing skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Possesses strong research, presentation and organizational skills, is detail oriented and is able to work independently and as part of a team
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- Manages time efficiently
- Capable of thinking creatively and analytically, and has a good understanding of communications best practices, with a goal to bring fresh ideas and approaches to internal campaigns and communications
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in the communications field
- Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Communications, PR or Journalism
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to CommunicationsCareers@corusent.com by February 15, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.