Career Opportunity: News Promotions, Writer/Producer
Job ID: 16-004
Division: News Marketing Work Status
Full Time Location: Global Edmonton
Global News Edmonton is currently seeking a News Promotions, Writer/Producer (Group D) to join their team. This position is responsible for imaginative and effective news promotion for Edmonton’s #1 News station. The Writer/Producer contributes to the profile and image of Global News through the production of topical, proof of performance campaigns, and Global Edmonton’s Give Me Shelter campaign, Global News Wardrobe Sale, Global Weather School, and the Global News Woman of Vision program, to name a few.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Community Creative, Global News, the successful candidate will have a minimum 2 years’ experience in the broadcast industry (or equivalent experience in a production role); have a passion for news and current affairs, and a post- secondary education in television, film and/or radio broadcasting or equivalent; have a proven knowledge base of the production process including but not limited to well-honed creative writing skills, pre-production planning, casting, familiarity with HD formats and editing, directing EFP & studio production shoots, oversight & direction of Adobe Premiere Pro editing, animation, motion graphics, directing voice-over talent, sound design etc.
About the role:
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Production of News Image campaigns, News Topicals, News Updates, Proof of Performance campaigns, Community promos, Special Features, Holiday Theme creative, Video Profiles for both broadcast and digital formats.
- Production of video elements to support external advertising campaigns and partnership commitments, including videotron creative and radio spots, as well as video for digital and social media platforms
- Exceptional creative writing skills and concept development.
- Direct talent and work with a production team consisting of editors, graphic artist, camera operators and freelancers.
- Must have a positive and professional approach, and confidence in all areas of production
- Exemplary work ethic and punctuality
- Must be resourceful, with a positive attitude, and able to work under pressure
- Ability to formulate, implement and complete projects on a timely basis.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, production organization, attention to detail, and project management skills are essential.
- Digital and Social Media experience required
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro editing is an asset
This is a bargaining unit position of News Promotions, Writer/Producer – Group D
Any employee who believes she/he is qualified, and who has an interest in this career opportunity should inform her/his manager in writing of such interest. The Manager will advise the applicant as to the process to be followed. Applicants from other stations should be aware that this position will be filled on a new-hire basis
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 28, 2016. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line. Internal candidates must indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted