Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about cutting-edge technology behind the scenes (pun intended)? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will put you in the front and center of the fascinating technology.
Work Status: Full-Time
Location: 25 Dockside Drive, Toronto
About the Role:
Reporting to Manager, Technical Services, you will be responsible for providing technical support to the broadcast systems for on air channels, Media Asset Management system the post production facilities in the Corus Quay Broadcast Centre.
- Provide technical support to air chains, MAM system and post production facility
- Assist with and perform system upgrades, configurations or modifications
- Assist in installation and commissioning of technical solutions
- Maintain, troubleshoot, test and repair broadcast equipment and systems
- Maintain documentation in AUTOCAD and MS Visio
- Assist in day-to-day operation of the Engineering department as required
- Able to work a modified work schedule within a 24/7 continuous operation
What We Need From You:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a Broadcast Technologist supporting mission critical broadcast environments
- Experience in supporting Apple, Windows and Linux systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of broadcast systems, media processes and post production
- Demonstrable ability to propose technical solutions and implement alternative methods
- Demonstrable knowledge of Enterprise class storage, servers and communication protocols
- Demonstrable knowledge of networking topology and infrastructure
- Self-motivated and thrives working in a team environment
- Able to accommodate shift work and on-call emergencies as required
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work effectively with users in broadcast environment and understand their requirements
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to TVengineeringjobs@corusent.com by January 18th, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.