Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about first-in-class content? Do you like working in a fast paced environment and are you able to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity as a Brand Associate on the Specialty Television Lifestyle Portfolio. If you have a passion for excellence we encourage you to apply.
Division: Specialty Television, Lifestyle
Work Status: Temporary Contract (1 year)
Location: Toronto – Corus Quay Location
About the Role
Supporting the Lifestyle Marketing team and reporting to the Marketing Director, this role will be instrumental in the day to day success of the Specialty Television Lifestyle Portfolio which includes the following channels: HGTV, Food Network, History, Slice, Cooking Channel, Lifetime, and National Geographic.
- Support campaign planning and the execution of seasonal channel and show-based marketing plans to drive viewership on Corus’ Specialty Lifestyle portfolio. Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of on-air and off-air assets across paid and owned media.
- Utilize internal SharePoint system, inputting production requests and version details for promotional assets
- Review campaign creative against production requests with an eye for detail
- Traffic advertising assets for paid and cross-promotional campaigns
- Communicate campaign details with cross functional teams at appropriate stages of development
- Track campaign performance and quickly respond to optimize/shift as required
- Work closely with asset coordinator and TV planner to manage assets from US partners
- Work closely with the various cross-functional teams (Content, Sales, Distribution Marketing, Research, Publicity) to ensure consistent messaging and coordination of efforts across all promotional activities
- Work closely with the Digital and Social teams to align digital and social initiatives with strategic priorities
- Stay up-to-date on programming changes, update core promotables grid as needed, and communicate changes to the cross-functional team.
- Assist Brand Managers with administering brand guidelines, providing client marketing approvals, and other tasks as needed.
- Manage requests from the Affiliate Marketing team, including information on marketing priorities and coordinating creative assets.
- Build internal relationships across the organization, and act as a brand champion to ensure seamless and timely execution of marketing initiatives
- Monitor and track audience results, with awareness of competitive influences and industry/marketing trends
- Support event activations that focus on fan engagement
- Assist department with various ad hoc requests
Our ideal candidate would have:
- An undergraduate degree with a specialty in Marketing
- A demonstrated interest in Marketing and/or Communications, including at least 2-3 years related experience (broadcast or agency environment considered an asset)
- Highly-organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
- A strategic-thinker with the ability to understand and interpret data to support the development of effective campaigns
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and comfort level interacting with cross-functional teams
- A passion for entertainment and TV broadcasting
- Media savvy – digital marketing and social media experience would be a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and flexible
- Fast learner and great problem solver
- Can work independently and also in a group setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point); Photoshop would be an asset
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 17, 2019.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.