Work Status: Part-Time
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role:
- Smooth, professional board operation that meets the standards of a major market – as assigned
- Handle call-screening shifts – as assigned
- Content produce shows – as assigned
- Fill-in for full-time staff during vacation periods
- Record and edit shows for broadcast on the station
- Updating the station’s website and social media sites
What We Need From You:
- A passion for the news/talk format
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
- Being able to multitask, communicate with staff and handle high pressure situations
- Knowledge of Media Touch and Burli
- A Diploma in Radio Broadcasting and/or one year industry experience
- A valid “G” driver’s license
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 12 2018.
*Please include ‘Board Operator’ in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.