Assistant Editor, Digital
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day. We have an exciting opportunity on our Digital Lifestyle Team for an Assistant Editor.
Work Status: Full Time
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Lifestyle, you will be responsible for executing against an original content strategy for our brand product/channel(s).
In this position the Assistant Editor will have the opportunity to contribute across the sites in our portfolio of premier lifestyle brands, including Slice.ca, Foodnetwork.ca, HGTV.ca and History.ca. We’re looking for a candidate who has a passion for digital content across platforms and a love for lifestyle content, pop culture, and grammar. Our ideal candidate is not only familiar with our brands but also a true fan of our shows and talent.
- Ensure delivery of timely original editorial features, best suited for the brand image and target audience
- Assist in developing story ideas, fact-checking, editing and publishing original, compelling web and cross-media content including articles, galleries and interactive online features
- Write clean and engaging original web content across our brands
- Assist in the creation, testing, and deployment of email newsletters
- Source and edit images using Photoshop
- Load content into WordPress or other content management systems quickly
- Fix grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors in content
- Ensure all content adheres to SEO best practices and recommendations from the Tech and Research teams
- Assist the Editors and Producers with other tasks as needed
What We Need From You:
- Experience working in a digital media, publishing and production environment
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing, copy editing and flawless grammar and punctuation within lifestyle verticals
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Well-versed in content publishing systems such Ektron and WordPress
- Experience working with freelancers
- Experience creating and deploying e-newsletters
- Understanding of analytics, including experience working with Google Analytics and Omniture
- Experience working in an Agile team environment would be considered an asset
- Understanding of SEO, QA processes, UX and Design would be considered an asset
- College or University degree (or equivalent experience), preferable in Media, Journalism, or Communications
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
How To Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to WLTVCareers@corusent.com by December 17, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.