Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about radio? Are you looking for your big break? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will have you on air in the beautiful Collingwood area and acting as the station Promo Guru! If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to take the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.
Announcer, Swing, Senior/Promo Coordinator
Work Status: Full Time
About the Role
Reporting to The Brand Manager and the Promotions Director, you will be responsible for the afternoon show on 95.1 The Peak in Collingwood Monday to Friday and day to day promotions operations.
- On air and online Prep informative and entertaining content that relates to station target
- On air and online prep for daily News casts
- Blogging and Social Media Posting
- Voice Track as needed
- Voicing commercials, PSAs and promos, etc.
- Regular air checks with the Brand Director
- Setting up and attend remotes and community/promotional events as assigned by the Brand and Promotions Director
- Maintaining contesting and promotions information for on air and on site
- Other duties as assigned by the Brand and Promotions Director
What We Need From You:
- You should have 1 to 2 years’ experience in radio.
- You should be experienced in Media Touch and running a console.
- You have basic journalism experience and have worked with Burli.
- You understand FB, Twitter, Instagram –and you know how to use them!
- You have some Experience in Excel and PowerPoint
- You are outgoing and personable
- You can lug equipment; put up tents and remote sets ups
- You must have a valid G driver’s license and clean driving record
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- You are a team player and you are willing to step up at the drop of a hat
- You have a great attitude; complainers need not apply
- You are ready to immerse yourself into the Collingwood community
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Deb.firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8, 2017.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.