Are you crazy about radio and believe that it’s really all about the listener? Can you connect and converse with your audience with ease? If yes, then keep on reading!
This is your chance to join the JUMP! 106.9 team in Ottawa!
We’re on the hunt for a part-time Swing Announcer who can live, breath, and love Ottawa!
Work Status: Part-time
Location: Ottawa, ON
Our station serves Ottawa/Gatineau and the Ottawa Valley and we’re looking not only for our next great on-air performer, but someone who wants to be part of Jump 106.9, and this fantastic city.
About the Role
- Needs to have the smarts and maturity to cover all topics: the good, the bad, the ugly, pop culture, the political, the humorous, the insane, the emotional. Things we deal with everyday as human beings. These are the universals that connect us all and make good radio stations great.
- Lives and breathes the CHR/Hot AC life!
- Brand ambassador in the community. Living, and breathing everything Ottawa and representing JUMP! 106.9 at events and throughout the city
- Is a social media assassin
- Loves and embraces technology
- Has integrity, a positive and forward thinking attitude and excellent work ethic.
- Is looking for a place to grow, invent, create, connect, and make things happen far beyond the job description.
- Wants to be part of a company that invests in people, offering the support, guidance, mentorship, and leadership that makes us all better at what we do.
What We Need From You:
- Must be available to work weekends and cover vacation and sick days
- Must be creative and innovative
- Must be able to relate to, and embrace the lifestyle of the CHR/Hot AC audience
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Passionate, detail oriented and goal oriented
- Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, self starter and able to take direction
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter, resume with 3 references, and demo MP3 (no more than 2 minutes) no later than March 20, 2019 to:
Program Director, Corus Radio – Ottawa
1504 Merivale Road
Ottawa, ON K2E 6Z5
*Please include Position Name in the subject line of your email
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.