Division: 102.1 The Edge (CFNY)
Work Status: Part-time
About the Role
Corus Radio has an exciting opportunity for a Part-Time Swing Announcer. Reporting to the Program Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating fun, interesting and topical content on weekends and fill-in shifts.
- Working well as a team member to create memorable content.
- Using Social Media to drive ratings
- Promotional appearances on behalf of The Edge as required
- Commercial production as required
What We Need From You:
- Previous on-air experience
- Strong on-air presentation and ability to relate to audience through spoken word and phone interaction
- Technical Board operation experience
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume and demo by January 19, 2018 to:
Ross MacLeod, Program Director
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*Please include “Announcer, Swing” in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted