Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about mobile development? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will challenged and help you grow as a developer. If you have a passion for excellence and would like to help us drive our mobile customer experiences, we encourage you to apply.
Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Corus Quay – 25 Dockside Drive Toronto, ON
About the Role
Are you an experienced Mobile developer who stays current by experimenting with new technology and looking for ways to make the web better for everyone involved? Then we are looking for you to join our development team working on exciting media rich features and apps to support our TVE/OTT strategy across our brands.
A successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Regularly collaborate with members across multiple scrum teams
- Writing and verifying code which adheres to acceptance criteria and coding standards
- Regularly identifying ways to refactor code, supporting continuous improvements of all mobile applications
- Contributing to the overall architecture strategy for Corus’ mobile applications
- Contribute to Corus’ overall strategy to server customers the best experience.
- Participate in regular code reviews, and help formulate and ensure adherence to both industry and best practices and guidelines
What We Need From You:
- 3+ years production experience building Android apps
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with proven competency in production software development
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience or a willingness to thrive in an Agile software development methodology
- Comfortable with collective code ownership and pair programming
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related field or demonstrated industry hands-on experience
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded applications
- In depth knowledge and/or experience with C/C++/Java programming, Android Jetpack, Android SDK, and Android NDK
- Experience deploying apps to stores (Google Play Store)
- Experienced developing network enabled HTTP client applications
- Experienced writing apps that use REST and RPC for communication
- Software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
- Working knowledge of design patterns
- Experience working with public facing, high-availability, mission-critical applications
- Willingness to learn new technologies and development languages.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Experience developing Video streaming + on demand video + DRM solutions
- Experience with Ad integration (VAST/VMAP)
- Experience with Adobe Primetime/PASS
- Experience with Omniture Analytics
- Experience Developing for connected and smart TV’s a plus
- Experience Developing iOS/tvOS applications
- Experience Developing Hybrid Natice-HTML5 apps
- Experience Developing Connected TV Applications (Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, etc)
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.