Corus Radio and CKNW have an exciting opening for a Part Time Anchor/Reporter. If you are passionate about Vancouver news, politics and events and are excited about an opportunity to be a part of one of the city’s busiest newsrooms, we want you!
Job ID: 11996
Division: CKNW News Talk 980
Work Status: Part Time
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager, Radio News, the successful candidate will be responsible for reading the hourly and half hourly newscasts and/or producing material from the field. In the Anchoring position, you will package together and broadcast the station’s newscasts throughout the day. As a Reporter you will be sent out to news events throughout Metro Vancouver, and be responsible for supplying original stories to fill our newscasts.
- Ensure all day-to-day functions of the news department are running smoothly
- Web and social media posts
- Original content from the field and from the desk
- Long form material for the Talk shows
- Executing Amber Alerts (If need be)
What We Need From You:
- Up to date web and social media skills
- Major market sound
- Ability to find original, compelling content on the beat
- Ability to advance existing stories
- Knowledge of Burli is an asset
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License
If You Have The Following…We Want To Hear From You!
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
- The ability to thrive as part of a team in a competitive newsroom
- Self-starting qualities
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to the Manager, Radio News, Terry Schintz, at TSchintz@cknw.com by May 16, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.