The Corus Radio newsroom has an opening for a full-time News Announcer and Features Producer in our Edmonton office. Reporting to the News Manager, the successful candidate will work full time as needed on both 630 CHED and/or Global News Radio 880.
Work Status: Full Time
- Reporting from the scene of breaking stories
- Conducting telephone interviews
- Editing and production
- Assembling and reading newscasts
- Providing several short features per week
- Shifts may include weekdays, evenings and weekends
What We Need From You:
- A strong news delivery
- Proven ability to gather and disseminate news in a timely and accurate manner
- Above average computer skills – knowledge of Burli an asset
- The ability to write, edit and produce features
- The ability to work well under pressure in a team situation
- A clean driving record and reliable transportation.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Positive, friendly manner
- Customer service approach
- Deals with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume, Air Check (including newscast and features) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 22, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internalposition at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.