Are you an outgoing and self-motivated individual? Do you have a passion for news? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding position in the media industry? The 630 CHED newsroom has an opening for a Part Time Anchor in our Edmonton office and is looking for someone like you!
Work Status: Part-time
About the Role:
Reporting to News Manager Bob Layton, the successful candidate will work as needed on 630 CHED or Global 880.
- Assembling and reading newscasts
- Conducting telephone interviews
- Editing and production
- Social media
- Reporting from the scene of breaking stories.
What We Need From You:
- A strong news delivery
- Proven ability to gather and disseminate news in a timely and accurate manner
- Above average computer skills – knowledge of Burli an asset
- The ability to work well under pressure in a team situation
- A willingness to work any format on a 24/7 basis
- A clean driving record and reliable transportation.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
How to Apply:
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume, cover letter and air check to email@example.com by March 4, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.