JOB ID: PGCE97J
A Corus Entertainment Company
680 CJOB has an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys the fast paced work environment that a leading news and talk station demands. We are looking for a utility player with experience both on the air and behind the board. You will report to the News and Program Director. Hours will vary and will include evenings and weekends.
- Execute all technical aspects of 680 CJOB on-air, including operation of board, Mediatouch, and preparation of production elements and call screening.
- On-air duties could include reading weather and news updates
- Be available for evening and weekend shifts.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum one year broadcast course from a technical institute or equivalent industry experience preferred
- Experience with Burli or KLZ Newsroom preferred
- Experience with logs, clocks and formats preferred
- Highly organized and pro-active
- Understanding of News Talk content and call screening
- Ability to multi-task in a fast moving environment
- A valid “G” driver’s license.
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume by October 23, 2015 to:
News Director | Program Director
* Please include ‘Anchor – Part Time’ in the subject line of your email.
* No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.