Are you a creative, dynamic, and strategic thinker who is passionate about Communications? Do you like to think outside the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will enable you to work within a best-in-class Communications team. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to join the Corus family, we encourage you to apply.
Acting Publicity Manager, Global Television
Division: Global Television
Work Status: One-year contract (maternity leave fill)
Location: 25 Dockside Drive, Corus Quay, Toronto
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Communications for Corus Entertainment, you will be responsible for internal and external communications campaigns supporting the Global Television brand. Overseeing the strategic positioning of the network, you will lead the Global Publicity team in the execution of programs that shape and drive the narrative for the channel through communications plans and initiatives, brand reputation management, comprehensive media coverage, sustained publicity buzz, as well as issues/crisis management.
- Strengthen, manage and protect the Global brand
- Deliver strategic communications campaigns for Global TV, with a core focus on its primetime programming, original series and special events
- Strategically align and execute Communications campaigns to support and advance Corus business priorities
- Drive Publicity strategies targeted to media, influencers and stakeholders, executing campaigns that maximize meaningful and positive media coverage
- Manage and coach a high performing Global Publicity team, and further advance team engagement while encouraging new and innovative thinking
- Work closely with Marketing , Digital and Social media teams to develop innovative and fully integrated campaigns
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with internal stakeholders
- Manage issues/crises communications
- Budget management
What We Need From You:
- Degree in Public Relations or Communications
- 7-10 years of experience in Communications and/or Public Relations in the television or related entertainment industry, including managing and executing strategic communications campaigns
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Energetic, creative self-starter who is detail-oriented, solutions-focused and results-driven
- Collaborative team player who works well under pressure, effectively manages high volume of work and multiple projects, and meets deadlines in an extremely fast-paced work environment
- Extensive knowledge and passion for television, and the television/production industry
- Strong working relationships with entertainment/lifestyle media across print, TV, radio, and online (websites, blogs, influencers)
- Experience working with business leaders and high-profile talent
- Experience managing a team
- Positive, innovative, forward-thinking approach
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2017.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.