Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will challenge you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to join our team, we encourage you to apply!
Division: Station Administration and Finance
Work Status: Full Time
About the Role:
Global Television has an exciting full time opportunity for an Accounting Coordinator in our Calgary office. Reporting to the Business Manager, Regional the successful candidate will be responsible for various accounting and administrative functions within the local office.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations, quarterly and annually, by following accounting standards, principles and regulations.
- Be an integral member of the team to manage the Office Administrative functions for the Calgary and Lethbridge offices.
- Code and obtain appropriate payment authorizations for invoices and expense reports using the Sensaas Accounts Payable System.
- Address and resolve payment inquiries from suppliers and internal departments.
- Assist the Business Manager, Regional in the preparation and presentation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Provide overall financial/administrative assistance to employees and the local Management team.
- Completion of special projects and other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
- College Diploma in Business or Accounting
- 3-5 years practical work experience in an accounting environment
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills; including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Experience with Great Plains, Adaptive Planning, or Sensaas an asset
- Solid experience in office management functions
- Excellent analytical and financial skills in a changing environment
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and proven organizational skills
- A positive, energetic and friendly style which enables the successful candidate to deal with challenges in a professional manner
- A valid driver’s license
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume to GlobalCalgaryCareers@corusent.com by June 18, 2019.
Please include Accounting Coordinator in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Pride Month is a time to celebrate. The parties and parades are a joyous celebration of life. LGBTQ+ people, friends, families, allies – coming together in a show of community solidarity and strength. Pride Month is also a time to commit. To listen when LGBTQ+ people say there are still problems. People who are afraid, marginalized, or have experienced harm. We know that there are barriers that still exist, and work still to be done. We Celebrate. We Commit. We are LGBTQ+ proud.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.