Work Status: Full-time
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role:
Corus Entertainment – Television has an exciting opportunity for a General Accountant, at our 25 Dockside Drive location. Reporting to the Manager, Affiliate Revenue the successful candidate will be responsible for affiliate revenue accounting, preparation of month end journal entries and Ad hoc reporting/projects.
- Responsible for entering affiliate revenue remittances:
- Prepare deposit batches into Medea
- Preparation of macro for large BDUs for upload into Medea
- Enter in small BDU remittances into Medea
- Prepare recurring monthly journal entries
- Ad hoc reporting/projects as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year accounting experience
- University or College degree
- Enrolment in an accounting designation program an asset
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software an asset
- Experience with Medea an asset
- Strong computer skills in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables), Word and Access
- Deadline oriented, strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must have extremely high level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to FinanceCareers@corusent.com by March 25,2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.