Work Status: Full-time
Location: Vancouver, BC
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Producer and Senior Program Director, you will be responsible for producing dynamic, interesting and informative locally-focused content for CKNW. This part-time position will require an individual will require an individual who has experience tracking down and booking news makers, a passion for current affairs, is extremely organized, responsive and communicative.
- Book guests and set up programming debates and forums
- Develop a comprehensive contact list and program database Backfill weekday talk producers when needed
- Research news and current affairs stories for broadcast, social and digital media
- Collaborate with the other producers on content and program support issues
- Conduct interviews with contacts for background information and clips for talk shows
- Develop and produce special programming
- Editing of programming elements
- Prepare cover sheets, scripts and background notes
- Contribute to breaking news programming
- Collaborate with other producers on story development and dialogue
- Perform other duties as required
Skills and Qualification Required:
- Tenacious approach in convincing guests and news makers to join hosts on-air
- Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of local and national news events
- Expertise in audio editing
- Understanding of WordPress
- A proficiency with social media
- Creative, energetic, fun, outgoing, positive, friendly manner and team player
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume via email to the address below by January 18, 2019.
John O’Dowd, Executive Producer
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.