JOB ID: PGNF03S
A Corus Entertainment Company
PROGRAM DIRECTOR, SENIOR
97.5 BIG FM and 99.1 Fresh Radio have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Program Director. The Senior Program Director will be responsible for 97.5 BIG FM and 99.1 Fresh Radio.
- Brand responsibility: On-Air, On-Line, On-Site.
- Ensure that overall sound of the radio stations, including music, promotions, radio personalities, and production elements are targeted to core audiences.
- Project positive station image with clients, listeners and community at large.
- Develop on-air teams with respect to format execution, station image and community involvement.
- Recruit, develop and coach talent.
- Develop annual business plans and execute budget planning and follow through.
- Maximize human, technical and budget resources to execute targeted and entertaining station promotions.
- Develop and execute brilliant promotional ideas and sales opportunities.
- Develop contacts with business and community leaders.
- Administrative responsibilities as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive radio experience in a music format.
- Demonstrated marketing experience with a proven track record as a Program Director.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Responsible for ratings growth.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
- Ability to inspire staff and lead by example.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by October 30, 2015 to:
Scott Armstrong, General Manager
Corus Radio Winnipeg
99.1 Fresh Radio / 97.5 BIG FM / 680CJOB
200-1440 Jack Blick Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3G0L4
*Please include ‘Senior Program Director’ in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.