Work Status: Full-time
About the Role
(This is not a complete outline of all the duties and responsibilities for this position.) In consultation with the News Director:
- Supervise the daily editorial direction and production of news and online content
- Provide feedback to news staff
- Long term planning of editorial content, departmental procedures and competitive strategy.
- Oversee the development and implementation of internet/web news initiatives
- Assist in maintaining staff schedules
- Assist in personnel issues including hiring, promotion, assignments and discipline
- Ensure company policies and standards are adhered to
What We Need From You:
- Graduate of a journalism-specific university or college program
- A minimum of eight (8) years experience in a newsroom, preferably TV
- Established journalist with demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well under pressure with the ability to train, coach and positively motivate staff to advance their skills and bring out the best in them
- Possess strong writing, producing, management and leadership skills
- Must be creative, innovative and able to execute a winning strategy across multiple platforms
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with newsroom editorial software and Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*Please include “Supervising Producer” in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted