Division: 104.5 Fresh Radio & boom 101.9
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Cornwall, Ontario
About the Role
104.5 Fresh Radio & boom 101.9 have an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Promotions Assistant in our Cornwall location. Reporting to the Promotions Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing of promotional efforts including on-air / online / street level activities, charitable partnerships and public relations. If you are energetic, positive, organized and a self-starter, send us your resume!
- Execute all aspects of on-air promotions and external events including: maintenance of contests, writing promotional announcements / maintaining promotional inventory, listener correspondence, equipment set-up, assistance and tear-down at live station events and community appearances, prize fulfillment and other duties related to the position.
- Write proposals, media releases, promotional announcements and web content.
- Interact with internal and external customers, including listeners, clients, sales and programming.
- Work with sales and programming to develop promotional plans beneficial to all participants.
- Maintain loyal listener club efforts, contest sheets, prize inventory, listener e-blasts/newsletters.
- Monitor trends in the market / industry so as to capitalize on promotional opportunities.
- Assist with Social Media feeds and maintenance.
- Coordinate Summer Cruiser Program
- Maintain station signage, equipment, supplies, vehicles and related documentation.
What We Need From You:
- A very positive attitude with a desire to excel.
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail is a must.
- Full understanding of all social media outlets.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Fully capable with computers including Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, Excel and Internet activity.
- Experience in a fast-paced promotional environment an asset.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends when required for promotional activity.
- A valid “G” class Ontario driver’s license and an acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by January 26, 2018 to:
Krista Datars – Promotions Director
1504 Merivale Rd, Ottawa Ontario, K2E 6Z5
Fax Number: 613-226-3381
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*Please include “Promotions Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted