Global News – Multimedia Video Producer
Job ID: X06030GE-A
Division: Global News
Work Status: 1-year Full-time contract (Maternity leave)
Location: Barber Greene – Global Toronto
About the Role
Reporting to the Director – Video Strategy, you will be responsible for:
- Create compelling, original video for Global News O&O platforms and social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube.
- Write online stories to accompany original video content for Global News website.
- Create video content to accompany stories and projects produced by Global News national online team
- Use online analytics/discovery tools to identify video/online trends to use in daily production
- Assist national online team and local stations in breaking news situations with video content.
- Assist Global News online team with the management of all video content including sourcing, screening, QA, adding metadata and uploading.
- Organize and assist with gathering of video content from across the Global News Network to share both internally and facilitating syndication requests.
- Back up existing video producers when necessary, in the event of illness, vacation or significant breaking news.
- Work with Corus Digital Video team to troubleshoot bugs.
- Train and evangelize online video content to internal stakeholders.
What We Need From You:
- A passion for news and journalism, including a keen interest in current events, Canadian news and history.
- Experience in the digital space, especially video editing/production and writing for online.
- Minimum 4-years experience using non-linear editing tools: Adobe Premiere, Edius, Final Cut
- Minimum 4-years experience using Adobe Creative Suite: After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Experience using online analytics/discovery tools (Newswhip, Crowdtangle, Tubular Labs)
- The ability to write/produce web, text and social-media video versions of news stories.
- Must be able to adapt in a rapidly changing media and technology landscape.
- The ability to create a wide range of news and current affairs content for a multi-faceted digital news operation.
- Ability to handle the demands and pressure of multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines.
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with WordPress content management system.
- A familiarity with digital production equipment an asset including digital video cameras, DSLRs, Tricaster
- A familiarity with Global News, both online and on-air.
- Familiarity with latest advancements in online video and video trends
- Working knowledge of how major news organizations are employing a wide range of digital platforms and formats.
- Journalism degree is an asset; news writing experience is a must
- Familiarity with online tools and languages, including digital video, HTML, Photoshop, FTP, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent organizational, communication and creativity skills including the ability to brainstorm and create content that works on the web.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Creative mind with the ability to think outside the box and problem solve.
- A team player that can work both independently and within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a high-pressure situation
- Self-motivated individual that can be counted on to make decisions
- Effectively manage time and work under pressure
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalTorontoCareers@corusent.com by December 27, 2017. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.